1) The last time I checked, one of the main causes for Americas debt is because the automotive industry. These days, metal, oil, and gasoline are power. The more raw it is the better. And half of our cars are built in china, japan, or korea. (The Toyota and Kia are a example.
2) Accidents are the number fourth most common cause of death, heart attack, cancer, and strokes being the first three.
3) If you dont work a good job or have GREAT credit, you cant really get into a good car, so you get junk that eats gas like a sugar high kid. and makes you broke. Also, if your car gets destroyed in a wreck or theres a problem insurance wont pay for (oh look I spelled it right.) Then IT COMES OUT 0OF YOUR POCKET.
4) Again back to the gas, its rising, soon, gas will be so expensive that unless you make 45 bucks a hour, you wont be able to drive to the market.
Theres many more things that make cars, trucks, and automobiles in general a huge wreck on the economy and our wallets. bikes are cheaper to buy, but then ya gotta peddle all the way and if a car hits you, oh shit.
NOW LETS REMEMBER HORSES!
1) Horses only need water, food, and love to do their job. While some horses are from other countries. We were never in debt that bad because of them.
2) Chariots or bugee's pulled by horses rarely had accidents, and half of the time they were never serious.
3) Horses are expensive yes. But not nearly as much as cars before they were introduced. However, they are easier to steal. And the best ones still can drain your wallet,
4) When we relied on horses, we only needed to give them water, food, love and medical treatment. So they are cheaper.
My point is, yes cars are great, but I think it would help our economy by going back to relying on horses. What do you think on the matter? Do you think it would get better or worse?